Kendrion Binder Servo Line
The Kendrion Binder Servo Line series of spring-applied brakes has been developed for integration into servo motors. The brakes are designed for use as holding brakes with emergency stop function. They are suitable for many different industrial applications, such as automation & robotics, machine tools, packaging & materials handling, storage systems, assembly lines and renewable energy.
The spring-applied single-disc brakes in the Servo Line series are designed to operate dry. They can be mounted to the A-face or B-face end shield inside the servo motor. The braking action generated by the compression springs is neutralized by applying the electromagnetic principle involving generation of a magnetic field. The brakes engage in unpowered condition and release when DC voltage is applied.
- The brakes are equipped with a flange and firmly fastened with screws.
- Thanks to a specially developed and patented manufacturing method, the rated air gap tolerance can be reduced to a few hundredths of a millimetre, providing enhanced power.
- Toothed hub/friction disc connection with minimal circumferential backlash.
- Standard version suitable for flange mounting and face mounting
Features of Kendrion Binder Servo Line brakes
- Electrically released
- Face mounting or flange mounting
- Built into motor housing, optional mounting outside the end shield
- Temperature range from -15°C to +120°C
- Toothed hub / friction disc connection with minimal circumferential backlash
Specifications & technical details
- Minimum holding torque: 0.3 – 130Nm
- Voltage: 24V DC
- IP00 protection class
- Servo motors
- Automation & robotics
- Packaging machines
- Materials handling
- Storage systems
- Assembly lines
- Renewable energy
We have a very strong working knowledge of all Kendrion Binder products and can advise on replacement products or on machine alterations or upgrades. Our in-house engineering workshop can rebuild and repair old or obsolete brakes with coil rewind & encapsulation and component machining as necessary if you have a bespoke requirement.
Call us now on 0121 526 5070 for a fast and efficient response.