Universal AC Motors
Universal AC Motors Stockist
Universal Motors are a well-established, recognised and respected brand in the UK and across Europe. Over the years their name has become synonymous with quality and reliability at a very competitive price.
Our stock profile includes 3 & single phase, brake motors, cast iron & aluminium, 2 speed & force ventilation options.
- Design: Squirrel Cage Asynchronous IE3 Induction motor (Standard AC Induction motor)
- Power Supply: Three-phase, 50/60Hz,
- Output:4kW up to 315 kW (for smaller output sizes see IE2)
- Voltage range: 50Hz : 220-240/380-415v (up to 3kW) / 380-415/660-690v (4kW and above). Special voltage available on request.
- Speeds: 2, 4 & 6 Pole (See IE1 for 8-Pole motors)
- IEC Frame sizes: 132 – 355 (for smaller frame sizes see IE2)
- Protection class: IP55, according to IEC 60034-5 (IP upgrades available on request)
- Insulation class: F, according to IEC 60085
- Temperature rise: Class B
- Cooling: TEFC, according to IEC 60034-6 (Forced Ventilation available on request)
- Continuous duty: S1
- Ambient temperature range: -35°C to 40 °C, at 1000 m.a.s.l
- Bearings: Sealed for life deep groove ball bearings upto 132 Frame. 160 Frame and above have open deep groove ball bearings suitable for re-greasing. 355Frame 4,6 & 8 pole have a roller bearing at the drive end as standard. (Additional bearing options available on request)
- Mounting: B3, B5, B3/B5, B14 only available up to 160 frame,
- Thermistors: PTC Thermistors fitted as standard from 160 frame and above.
- Optional Extras – Anti-Condensation Heaters, Tropicalised Windings, IP Upgrades, Rain Canopies, Special Voltages are available on request. (Contact our Sales Team for more info).
- Power & Dimensions according to IEC 60072
- Performance characteristics according to IEC 60034-1
- Noise Limits according to IEC 60034-9
- Mechanical vibrations according to IEC 60034-14
- Color: RAL 5009
We are Universal AC motors stockist and we also provide a full repair, rewind and rebuild service for non-standard motors or larger units where you may want to consider a more cost effective option. This is often the case with larger motors when lead time is not critical and the repair is around 50% of the cost of the new motor. We carry out all our rewinds to the AEMT best code of practice to maintain motor efficiency and give you the reassurance that your motor is in the best possible hands.